Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Napping in the middle of the day

Okay, so you know how they call a person who likes to get up early in the morning a lark, and a person who likes to stay up late at night an owl? I have recently come to the conclusion that I must be both, because, honestly, my worst time happens to be right in the middle of the day. So recently I have been experimenting with naps.

Now, I read in one article that if you wanted to take a short nap and be ready and alert at the end of it you could drink a cup of coffee beforehand. Since the caffeine takes about half an hour to take effect, it should wake you right up at the end of approximately 20 minutes.

I tried it today. It didn't work.

It takes me a little while to drink a cup of coffee, I'm guessing ten minutes or so, though I've never timed it. Well, then I had to go to the bathroom. And then my sister called me on the phone. The net result was that I was wide awake by the time I closed my eyes to take that little nap. Better luck next time?

No comments: