Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mysterious animals

My dog. Yesterday I'm in the kitchen working on something. I don't remember what. Allie, my dog who almost died last week, walks up to me and stands there, staring at the back door.

Oh, I think to myself, I guess she wants to go out.

I take her out like I always do, watch as she travels down the stairs. I sit on the door step waiting, so she'll know she is welcome inside once she's done. She does nothing. She comes right back in the house.

I get back to work until, only seconds later, there she stands again, looking for all the world as though she wants to go out. I repeat the process. Again she does nothing, and I have to call her to come back in side.

I get back to work, but still she stands there, looking as though she wants to go out.

Will you see if you can figure out what she wants?” I ask my husband.

Michael takes her out, and again she travels down the stairs only to stand there. When he brings her back in he says, “She's a Fox.”

There's a fox in our yard?”

No, Allie is a Fox. She goes outside and then forgets why she's there. Must be hereditary.”


2 comments:

kathi harper hill said...

He may be on to something...we always say our family is crazy, including the four legged members.

kf.ruhamah said...

I like that. Obviously I was slow to get it, but he was referencing that Bill Cosby bit: My wife is crazy and it's hereditary; she gets it from the kids... or something like that.